Only 10 weeks and we will be big Pre-Primary Kids!
We have had so much fun already this year and it has been really eventful, this term will be just as busy with lots of amazing opportunities for learning and discovery. Our event calendar for the next few months is looking pretty busy so it would be advisable to mark the following dates on your calendar.
Upcoming events this term are:
4th & 11th November - Kindy 2016 Parent Info Session (library).
18th November - Kindy performing at the whole school assembly.
25th November & 2nd December - Kindy Student Orientation
4th December - Whole School Fun Day
(Group 1 will be invited to come along and enjoy some of the day)
14th December - School reports sent home
15th December – Group 1 – class party (long table lunch)
17th December – Group 2 – class party (long table lunch)
17th December - Students last day
Notes to remember:
- The weather will soon be getting warmer. Please remember to put sunscreen on your child before they come to school, and pack an easy to use sunscreen which they will be able to apply themselves during the day.
- Pack a spare change of clothes in case your child gets wet from water play at school.
- Your child needs a hat EVERYDAY. If they forget their hat they are limited to playing in the sandpit as we do not allow them to play in the sun.
- If you planning on going on holiday before the last day of school please ensure you have told your class teacher with plenty of notice. This also needs to be approved in writing through the principal; Matt Jarman.
- Reminder that Library day is Wednesday (Every Fortnight).
- New parent rosters are up should you wish to volunteer your time.
This term our theme is Water, we are hoping for some lovely weather so we can get outside in the water play.
In Literacy our Talk for Writing text is Rosie's Walk. We will explore this in detail whilst participating in lots of great activities. We have spent the last few weeks focusing on learning S A T P I N M D letters, and using these to blend and segment simple CVC words.
In Numeracy we are revising taught concepts from the year, as well as focusing on solving simple number stories using concrete objects.
We hope you have an enjoyable term!